Summer Blog

I am trying something different this summer....i thought it would be easier to just do a separate blog for our family summer fun and than when school starts up i can send this blog to the printers and have our summer scrapbook all put together! Sooo, it may be boring to my fellow blogger friends, but it is primarily just a scrapbook in the making for our family! My Living In Oblivion blog will go back to primarily just being my life and I will be cancelling our Easysite, which is the family blogger and switching over to a blogger on here for our family adventures, that will be the Tag Along blog. I am also almost finished with a blog for Jorden, so anyone that wants to keep up with our soldier can do so quickly and easily!

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Sand Lot Kids or The Gun Lot Kids

Ty and Ryan were running thru the house gathering up mits, bats and balls, soon there was a large congregation of kids on our front porch wearing baseball hats, gloves on their paws and throwing balls in the air and catching them, most of the time….i began to wonder where they were going to be taking this game…..well, they didn’t go far!  They began setting up bases in our front yard……I thought for a few seconds of how much damage boys ages 8-13 could do with a bat hitting a hard ball in our yard….yeah, I was instantly the MEANEST MOM IN THE WORLD when I went out front to tell them I could get some Mom’s and we could drive them all over to the baseball fields about a mile from our house.  They gave lots of grumbles and said no that they would just play “Old School Gangsta” instead.  Within seconds there was a huge pile of mits, bats, helmets, and balls on the front porch and they were busy calling off teams.  It was about 113 degrees but that didn’t stop them, although I ended up with a ton of cups on my kitchen island as drenched in sweat kids kept coming in about every 15 minutes to fill up their cups with ice cold water!   We have a great neighborhood with a large chunck of kids around Ty and Ryan’s age and they play together every day coming up with the most unusual of ideas!  Lately it has been all about baseball, any and everything.......i think i might start calling them The Sand Lot Kids..........or, um, maybe The Gun Lot Kids.....
July 11, 2011


Photography courtesy of Ty and Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment