Summer Blog

I am trying something different this summer....i thought it would be easier to just do a separate blog for our family summer fun and than when school starts up i can send this blog to the printers and have our summer scrapbook all put together! Sooo, it may be boring to my fellow blogger friends, but it is primarily just a scrapbook in the making for our family! My Living In Oblivion blog will go back to primarily just being my life and I will be cancelling our Easysite, which is the family blogger and switching over to a blogger on here for our family adventures, that will be the Tag Along blog. I am also almost finished with a blog for Jorden, so anyone that wants to keep up with our soldier can do so quickly and easily!

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Medal of Honor

I was at a ceremony this summer where there were several Medal of Honor recipients from wars long ago.  We heard their brave stories and why they had received this special award.  They all had stories of bravery and heroism as well as they all thought that what they did was no big deal, it was just being an American and doing what any other Service member would have done in their shoes.  We had VIP seating so we were directly behind these great men.  Later I introduced the boys to several of them and this guy was their absolute favorite...Major Drew D. Dix.  He was the first Special Forces Enlisted Man to receive the Medal of Honor.   

No comments:

Post a Comment